The concept of everyday carry has not penetrated our lives that well yet but that is one thing that would make everyone's trip outside the comfort of our homes a more comfortable.
The concept of EDC is about carefully choosing the stuff that one carries outside the home so as to make the trip outside productive and comfortable. For example, a Freelance designer travelling outside too meet clients carries
- Dotted grid diary
- Felt tip pen
- Design tablet or an iPad
- Collapsible water bottle
- Water resistant bag and satchel for the money and other related things
On preliminary levels, this list might seem very obvious but the details make it specifically more productive for a freelance designer, let us have a look.
- A dotted diary, would help a designer take and explain design ideas to the client; also in noting down visual briefs. The dotted grid diaries are known to have higher GSM pages, making them suitable for pen drawings.
- A felt tip pen has thickness responding to pressure applied, thus making it ideal for rough sketches and writing at the same time.
- A freelancer is expected to travel and wait for a good part of the day, thus makes carrying the design tablet everyday more productive.
- Water bottle makes sense for most of us, a collapsible one would work better for anyone travelling a lot.
- Frequent travel, carrying tech along and a diary with the client briefs, a water resistant satchel and bags makes for a great idea.
Have a look at my EDC, I am a media educator, run a content creation firm and our beloved StackMantle, this will help you establish logic of my EDC and hope to help you figure out yours too.
Let is know your thoughts by uploading your packs on social media like twitter, Instagram, Facebook and tag @stackmantle :-D