On 31 December 2019, WHO was alerted to several cases of pneumonia in China. The causative virus did not match any other known virus. This raised concern because when a virus is new, we do not know how it affects people. The new virus is a corona-virus, which is a family of viruses that include the common cold, and viruses such as SARS and MERS. This new virus was temporarily named “2019-nCoV" AKA "Corona Virus".
Here's how you should reduce your risk from corona Infection?
- Clean hands with soap and water or alcohol based hand rub
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissue paper or flexed elbow or handkerchief
- Avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms
- Thoroughly cook meat and egg items
- Avoid unprotected contact with live wild or farm animals
The above safety measures are made to public by "WHO". By taking these minimum precautionary measures you would not only be safe from corona virus but other viruses as well.
In addition you may also use face-masks to be on a safer side.
Precaution is better than cure, as it is always said. Do educate your friends / family / colleagues, etc. by sharing this article.