Puri is a deep fried dish served with a lot side dishes, from potato to curd, pickle and even sweet dishes like Shrikhand, Basundi and even Aamras. Puri is very versatile that way and the best part is, it is very simple to cook!
Here is the ingredient list
- Wheat flour
- Oil - For deep frying
- Mix wheat flour, salt and water to make a dough. (Play around with the consistence, if its too watery, just add a little bit of flour)
- Knead properly and let the dough rest for a while!
- Divide the dough in small equal sized balls.
- Roll the balls in circular shapes similar to rotis, just smaller in diameter and thicker
- Add the rolled Puri's into hot oil.
- Press the puri in the middle while in the oil, this will help the puri to puff up.
- Once the puri puffs up, take it out, dab for excess oil and the voila! The Puri is ready!